Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Marks 11-12 - We Grow Older, But Not Necessarily Wiser

Mark #11
Place: Starbucks Coffee, Corinthian Hills
Date: January 6, 2010 - 7:31PM
Order: The dreaded Grande Dark Cherry Mocha (dreaded cause it really tastes like medicine if anything. The other holiday drinks are amazing though)




Mark #12
Place: Starbucks Coffee, Metrowalk
Date: February 4, 2010 - 12:59PM
Order: Tall Brewed Coffee




The late posts just keep on coming, I'd guess. Blame the schedules that I have to keep, but finally I got some time to regularly update the blog as much as I can.

It's been more than a month since I've gone through the MMFF motions, and I do have to say about this: Wapakman has become a new standard in terms of how to unanimously fail in the world of Philippine film, much less the entire media industry in general. In fact, of the years that I've been supporting the MMFF, this has truly left a taste in not only my mouth, but in the mouths of many people as well. I support Manny Pacquiao, the boxer. Hell, I do pray that one day, he would humble Mayweather, Jr. for not only ducking that fight with dela Hoya, but chickening out of the Pacman superfight as well. But please, do not make movies anymore. I would have used my PHP150.00 for a lot of things instead of wasting around an hour and thirty minutes. In fact, I would have thrown the money instead of watching the film, period. The other movies are amazing though. Otherwise, that's a mistake I can definitely place in my book.

And that's the thing I guess when it comes to mistakes: do we ever truly learn from them? One time, I was reading an enlightening book that was shared to me called "The Rules of Life", which speaks for itself when it comes to the synopsis of the book. One of the rules that really stuck to me was this little food for thought: "We grow older, but not necessarily wiser". And if we were to look at the history of the world, yeah, it's pretty much true. Did people learn from history's mistakes? It's a 50/50 deal. But the one point that I learned from reading that section is that we shouldn't really beat ourselves up if we make mistakes. Heck, everyone makes mistakes every day, so shouldn't we learn to at least tolerate even the littlest of mistakes and know when to forgive people? I'm no God, and I'm far from being a genius, but perhaps if we know how to do that, it'll be a step closer to having a much deeper understanding when it comes to dealing with people as well as accept who we are. We're not perfect, so let's at least deal with that. =D

Also, please do check out my new Formspring page (courtesy of my shobs, Rachel. Salamat ha! =P). Feel free to ask anything you want. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment